So I forgot to take a picture of the smoothie when I made it today, but I found a picture off google that looks exactly like it! I make this smoothie everyday and its the perfect size to have with your breakfast and really gives you a kick start to your day! 🙂
- Handful of frozen strawberries (or your favourite berries)
- 1 banana
- A dessert spoon of yoghurt (I like to use low fat Greek yoghurt)
- 1/4 cup of milk (or enough to get it to the consistency that you like)
- Put all of your ingredients into your blender and blend! That’s it! It’s as simple as that!
Tip: If you want to make a smoothie in the morning but you don’t have time place all of your ingredients into your blender jug and stick it in the fridge so that it’s all ready just to be blended in the morning and if you’re using frozen fruit, just add it into the jug in the morning and blend!
Lauren Elizabeth x
I know we can all be lazy sometimes when it comes to beauty but hopefully with these hacks even when you aren’t feeling up to the task of beautifying yourself this will help you.
- Leave cotton wool and a bottle of micellar water beside your bed to ensure you have no excuses to not take your makeup off. The reason why I am telling you to use micellar water and not facial wipes is because facial wipes are terrible for your skin, I recommend Garnier micellar water.
2. If you are out of your favourite liquid liner and don’t have time to pop to the shop use a mascara and for even longer wear try a waterproof mascara to prevent smudging.
3. If your feet have seen better days and are beginning to resemble cracked pavements cover your feet in your favourite body lotion and pull on a thick pair of fuzzy socks. My favourite lotion is soap and glory’s ‘The Righteous Butter’ its a thick deep moisturising lotion that softens your feet from within.
4.Have a spot that is taking over your face with its redness? Apply anti redness eye drops to the affected area. The ingredients used to bring down the redness in your eyes does the same thing for your spot.
5.Always wanted longer lashes? Apply castor oil to your lashes every night before you go to sleep.
6. Does your nail polish always come out bubbly to solve this put your nail polish in the fridge an hour before use. Also instead of shaking your bottle before use, instead roll it in between the two palms of your hands as shaking it creates more bubbles!
7. Struggling to open up your favourite bottle of nail polish? All you need is a little more grip, wrap a rubber band around the lid and there you go! Another tip is, to prevent this from happening apply some Vaseline to the opening of the bottle to allow easy access when opening it!
8.Struggling to make it on time to certain events? Make a playlist and have certain songs assigned to each task you need to do in the morning so you have only that amount of time to get it done! Keep in mind that some tasks may need more than one song and try not to allow leeway into other songs.
9.Want your hair to smell nice when someone hugs you? Spray your favourite perfume onto your hairbrush and brush it through your hair. Make sure not to apply to much to ensure you don’t make your hair greasy.
10. Do your bobby pins always fall out of your hair? spray them with hairspray for some extra hold! Now you won’t be finding bobby pins in random places around your home!
There you go guys! Ten beauty hacks for all you girls don’t forget to follow my new Instagram account!
Lauren Elizabeth x
Have you ever woken up the morning of an important event, you take a glance in the mirror and see a pimple completely taking over your face!? Well I know I have and there’s no worse feeling! Well from now on you won’t ever have to worry about that again, I’ve found a cure!
Here is what you’ll need…
- Spot cream with salicylic acid (my favourite is clean and clear acne spot treatment)
- An ice cube
- Clay mask
How to tackle your pimple!
- First of all start off by cleansing your face.
- Once you have done that apply your spot cream to the affected area and allow the cream to dry in.
- Next get your ice cube and hold it on the pimple making sure to cover the area by moving the ice cube around in circular motions, do this for three minutes.
- Then pat the area dry and apply more spot cream followed by applying the face mask directly on the pimple.
- Leave this on for as long as possible or leave on over night for optimal results.
Tip: If you have done this and your pimple is left still looking red apply some anti-redness eye drops.
I know this may seem like a lot of steps but it actually doesn’t take too long and is definitely worth it!
Lauren Elizabeth x
I know that I suffered from black heads and could never find anything to fix my problem. It got to a point where I was just causing myself pain and no results! Until yesterday when I tried a new method!
- 1 Tbs bicarbonate of soda/baking soda
- 1 Tbs toothpaste
It doesn’t matter what quantities you use, as long as they are the same measurement as eachother.
- Run a cotton wool pad under hot water.
- Place the cotton pad on your nose or affected area and leave it there for about 3 minutes.( what this is doing is opening your pores making it easier to clean them)
- Put your tooth paste and baking soda onto a plate or in a cup/bowl and mix with a toothbrush.
- Once both ingredients are combined begin to apply to your nose/affected area as if you were brushing your teeth.
- Do this for about three minutes.
- Dampen a face cloth with warm water and wipe it off .
Ta daa!! Your done and I can promise you, your black heads will look A LOT better! I found that the toothpaste was quite strong so my eyes began to water, so just be cautious of that. Like always if you have any questions leave them down below!
Lauren Elizabeth x
This homemade strawberry ice cream is the perfect summer treat! Whether you want it when you’re relaxing by the pool or maybe just in the comfort of your own home. For those of you without an ice cream maker, do not fear this recipe is suitable for you too! I know before I ever got an ice cream maker, I could never find a recipe that didn’t require a machine! Anyway, enough of me rambling, lets get into it!
- 2 egg yolks
- 200ml/7 fl oz low-fat milk
- 200ml/7 fl oz whipping cream
- 70g/1 and 3/4 oz powdered sugar
- 300g/10 and 1/2 oz strawberries
- Beat the egg yolk and icing sugar until the mixture is nice and bright.
- Add the cold milk.
- Whip the cream until stiff.
- Then add the whipped cream to the mixture and stir to produce a smooth mixture.
- Puree the strawberries. (you can either liquefy them like mine, or you can pulse them a few times so that its a chunky mixture)
- Add the strawberry puree to the mixture and stir in until it produces a homogenous mass.
With a machine
Follow the instructions given with your ice cream machine for best results. Don’t forget to freeze the bowl at least 24 hours in advance! If your ice cream maker does not allow your ice cream to reach your goal consistency, place it in the freezer until your goal is achieved.
Without a machine!
- Pour the mixture into a plastic container, or an old ice cream tub.
- After the 30 minutes the ice cream will begin to freeze around the edges. When this happens stir the mixture with a fork to prevent ice crystals which won’t allow a smooth ice cream to form.
- This process will need to be repeated for the next 4 hours.
- Your ice cream should then be smooth and creamy!
Tip: If your ice cream is too hard to scoop put it in the microwave for a few seconds until softened, or if you have time, defrost it slowly in the fridge.
Your ice cream is now ready to enjoy! I love to serve mine with fresh strawberries, but you can choose whatever! Some ideas are, syrups, sprinkles marshmallows, chocolate, the world is your oyster!
If you recreate this delicious ice cream don’t forget to upload it instgram and use the #allthingsstrawberryicream and follow me @allthingsfashionandbeauty97 !
Don’t forget if you have any queries about this recipe don’t be afraid to ask! Also I would appreciate if you could leave requests below as what you would like to see on my blog next!
- 3/4 cup of ice
- 3/4 cup of milk (Preferably full fat)
- 3 tablespoons of raspberry syrup
- 3 Scoops of vanilla bean ice cream
- Put your ice in the blender until it is half way to the consistency of a slushee.
- Then add your ice cream, milk and syrup.
- Once the consistency of a slushee your done!
- Pour into a glass and serve with whipped cream on the top(Optional)
To order in Starbucks
For those of you who don’t fancy whipping out the blender, you can order the Cotton Candy Frappuccino off Starbucks secret menu!
How to order!
- Vanilla Bean Frappuccino
- Add Raspberry Syrup (1 pump tall, 1.5 pumps grande, 2 pumps venti)
It’s that simple! Like this post and follow my blog if you would like to see more Starbucks posts like this.
Have a great day.